Protecting your iTOVi scanner from damage is of the utmost importance. Your iTOVi scanner comes with a one year limited warranty and the choice of an extended lifetime warranty.
Limited Hardware Warranty
Each iTOVi scanner comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty that begins the day the scanner is purchased. This warranty includes coverage for manufacturer defects and shipment loss.
Extended Hardware Warranty
At check-out, customers can opt for warranty coverage that extends past the limited manufacturer’s warranty. The extended warranty for the iTOVi scanner is a one-time purchase that covers loss, theft, water damage, and any other accidental damage for life. Customers that purchase the extended warranty pay a $50.00 deductible fee per warranty claim.
The extended warranty costs $19.99 and can be added anytime within 30 days of the initial iTOVi scanner purchase. After 30 days, the cost of the extended warranty is $99.
If you are experiencing problems with your iTOVi scanner, most issues can be solved by searching iTOVi’s official library of frequently asked questions.
In addition, you could also try out the following tricks to try to get your device going:
- Have your iTOVi and mobile device in hand.
- Turn off the bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Uninstall the iTOVi App.
- Plug in the iTOVi device to the charger.
- Install the iTOVi App back on your phone.
- While still charging, reset your iTOVi device on the underside of the device (push a small paper clip in the reset pinhole in back of device; it will vibrate and light up after you release the paper clip).
- Turn the bluetooth on your mobile device back on and be sure to “pair” it with the iTOVi device in the Bluetooth Settings.
- Log back in to the iTOVi App.
You may now simply check the connection and the battery percentage of the iTOVi device in the Settings within the iTOVi App. It should show as connected.
If the battery status shows as “loading” for more than 20 seconds, then try watching the battery status and then resetting the iTOVi device while on that screen. This should resolve the issue.
- Uninstall the app and switch your Bluetooth and wifi to off.
- Then go to Settings > Apps > Scroll over to All > Choose BluetoothShare and tap on Clear Cache.
- In addition, you can also perform Clear Data wipe via Bluetooth Share or Bluetooth option.
- Once you have cleared the cache, data and click force stop, just restart the phone by switching it off, then when the phone is off please put the iTOVi on the charger and reset it with a paperclip by holding down the reset for five seconds and then turning it back on.
- Next, turn your Bluetooth and wifi back on through the swipe down menu, not through the settings.Please keep in mind the the iTOVi runs off of something called universal Bluetooth meaning one does not need to pair or connect it for it to work, one just needs to turn the blue tooth on. If iTOVi has been connected before in the past when turning Bluetooth on prompt your phone not to connect with iTOVi if and when prompted to.
- Reinstall the iTOVi App then log in. Next, go check the iTOVi battery status in the iTOVi app settings. iTOVi App> Menu> Settings> iTOVi Tracker> Test Connection. If it shows you the battery status, click the test device icon and if it says connected you are good to go.
Check the charging cable. If it is faulty, you won’t be able to charge the device. If the device is totally flat, there is no way you can connect the iTOVi to the mobile device.
Last but not least, if you are not able to find a solution to your specific issue or need to make a warranty claim, please contact iTOVi’s customer support team at 877-483-3748 or email at [email protected] .
For your convenience, you can also use the webform in iTOVI’s official website (click here) to send a message directly to their customer support team.