In our previous article titled “What Have You Exposed Your Children To?“, we promise to share tips how you could use essential oils for cleaning your home.
Remember, many cleaning products are formulated with strong fragrances, preservatives and synthetic chemicals to increase their efficiency. While this serves its purpose to remove dirt, germs and other house impurities, not many people realise that breathing in these toxic chemicals can be dangerous. Therapeutic grade essential oils have no added chemicals, meaning that they are safe to use around your children.
Tip #1 – Lavender All-Purpose Cleaner
- Fill a glass spray bottle with half cup of water, add 2 tablespoons of castile soap in the bottle.
- Add 3-4 drops of therapeutic grade lavender essential oil.
- Cap and shake the mixture well.
- You can use the cleaner for bathroom, kitchen and other household surfaces.
Tip #2 – Lemon Window Cleaner
- Fill a glass spray bottle with half cup of distilled white vinegar and fill it up with water.
- Add 10 drops of therapeutic grade lemon essential oil and shake the mixture well.
- Use on windows and mirrors before wiping with a clean cloth.
Tip #3 – Essential Oil for your laundry
- Add 25 drops of therapeutic grade eucalyptus essential oil to the mixture of 5 tablespoons of Super Washing Soda, 5 tablespoons of Castile Soap and water for each wash.
- It works well for cleaning pillows, bedding, and sheets.
- Eucalyptus essential oil helps to kill dust mites.
Tip #4 – The Easy Way Out
For those who are not really into DIY but would like to start using chemical-free and essential oils infused household cleaning products, try this product out – Thieves® Household Cleaner.
Experience the wonder of Thieves® Household Cleaner, as tough stains and problem areas in your home become simple and easy to clean without using harsh or abrasive chemicals. While bacteria can be dangerous, some industrial cleaners on the market pose an even larger threat to your health. Thieves Household Cleaner is a safe all-purpose concentrate that can be used in every room in your home, without the harsh chemicals. Dilute in a spray bottle or bucket, or use straight for extra strength. Dilution ratios are listed on the label for your convenience.
Light Degreasing 60:1
Medium Degreasing 30:1
Heavy Degreasing 15:1
Upholstery, Fabrics, Carpet Spotting 40:1
Pots and Pans 100:1
Hand Cleaner 1:1
Keeping a clean house doesn’t mean soaking it in toxic chemicals. Using therapeutic grade essential oils for cleaning your home is the right way in providing your kids a safe and healthy environment to grow. You have a choice! Make the right choice now!
In our next article, we’ll share with you why more and more people are turning to essential oils as a natural, effective alternative to traditional cleaning products. So stay tuned!
Live Right and You’ll Live Bright!
P/S – If you are searching for therapeutic grade essential oils, click here.